Friday, November 16, 2012

Retirement

I have never really thought too much about what I would do when I no longer sell wedding and prom dresses.  I just thought I would slump over my machine and go to heaven.  (I hope I'm going to heaven).  But when I started having trouble with my neck a few years ago and recently my thumb started screaming loudly I began to wonder what it would be like to actually go to a family party or stay home during the day and watch Dr Phil.

I can see the entire wedding industry evolving.  Weddings are more spontaneous, more emphasis on the party than the reason for the day.  The economy is playing a big part in where our hearts are going also.  For some it is entirely about needing to do everything really inexpensively and I have no argument for any of it. 

However, I will scream at the top of my lungs that what you wear on your wedding day will impact your memories more than any other aspect of your wedding.  Your attire should be the FIRST thing you shop for, not the last as it is seeming to me lately.  You should love your dress.  I actually had a bride to be call me looking for a certain Maggie Sottero wedding dress.  Get this, her wedding is in one and a half weeks.  Yes 12 whole days.  I am stunned!  She really didn't seem all that stressed.  If  I were her mother I would kill her.  Well, not literally.

I digress but here I am back again.  Today I counted the wedding dresses on my racks.  I have 337 wedding dresses in the store and probably 5 times that in back stock.  We begin with 20% off anything and nearly everything in the store including veils, headpieces, jewelry, dresses, and bridesmaid dresses.  Special orders, tuxedo stuff, alterations, bras and slips are NOT on sale. 

Please tell your friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of about our sale.  www.lynettes.com  801-773-7435.  Due to the nature of our sale we are actually NOT encouraging appointments.  People will be served on a first come basis.  Happy Shopping!

No comments: